My Blog List

Sunday, May 18, 2014

The "Go to friend"

Have you ever felt like you just don't fit in anywhere? You feel like you don't belong, A shadow in the corner. The one who watches everyone, the one who doesn't get picked, chosen or even noticed by anyone? Have you tried to change who you are to be accepted by other? To try to fit in? That is a common thing teens do. They want to be popular and the one "everyone" wants to hangout with...The "Fun" friend...
Well I have never been the fun friend.... I am the "Go to" friend when someone needs help or someone to talk to. When I was younger I struggled with that. I didn't understand why no one wanted to just talk or hang out with me. Why did they only come to me when they felt alone? I didn't understand.
Today I thank God everyday that I am the "Go To" Friend. God has given me the gift of encouraging people and helping them through hard times. He gives me the words to say and the ability to pray with them. Being a mentor (Or the "Go to friend") is something i really enjoy, Its something I've done for years but never thought of it as "Serving God" or "Being a good servant"
I am honored to help these girls through hard times and draw them closer to God, Because that is what I'm trying to do. I'm not going to tell them "Life is okay and you'll get through this" But that God is the only way and He will help them. I am just here to remind them that God is Always there....

At times it gets frustrating, tiring, and kinda drains you from life. But God is helping Me and I am growing in His word everyday. Helping others helps me too! 
Everyone needs someone to encourage them, pray for them, and draw them closer to God.
I am honored to be the "Go to friend" 

“I will go to the ends of the earth to be around someone who makes me want to love God more and be more excellence. I will run fast away from the kind of person who is always a drainer, complains and drags me down and depletes my desire to walk with God.” - 

~Kaite Michelle 
~The go to friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment